DOG CARE THE DOG PARK WAY!
Bringing your dog to The Dog Park! means more than just dropping your dog off at daycare because we know what it's like to have a busy schedule yet still wanting to do the very best for your dog. Our regular customers can tell you that we make it our goal to help; whether it's working on behavior issues, taking a tangle out of an ear, finding a special order item and passing it along at cost or keeping a stash of food in case you get stuck somewhere and cant get back to pick your dog up.
Every dog can enjoy play in one of our two fully fenced outdoor play areas with their new best friends while we watch over them to ensure the play is safe and appropriate. We fully support your dog's good manners by practicing tasks like sit and stay while also teaching the dog not to jump for attention. If there is something you wish your dog was better at, let us know and we will do our best to help. No additional cost of course.
ITEMS OF NOTE:
And finally, a personal note of sorts. It will always be my goal to conduct my business in a way that establishes honest communications, earns your trust with every interaction and builds credibility with our knowledge and commitment to keeping your dog safe. If we fail to meet those goals I care so please never hesitate to discuss, ask or tell me how we can do better. Your input makes us better and I offer my commitment to be and do better every day. That being said I can not properly keep your dog safe if you don't honestly and openly discuss your dog with us. Do not leave information out, everything your are concerned about helps me create the safest possible encounter for your dog. Please care enough about your dog to be truthful because they deserve nothing less but their best shot at success.
- your dog must be fully vaccinated for his safety as well as that of the other dogs. This includes they be current on Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordatella often referred to as kennel cough.
- We do not accept dogs visiting from other States. We put the physical safety of every dog as our highest priority. Travel is stressful for dogs and often they will not be in the calmest frame of mind and introductions are needlessly dangerous. It is also our policy to not introduce the possibility of new strains of disease and parasites into our regular play groups for a short term benefit.
- Your dog must not have a history of biting people and other dogs. For any reason period. We can discuss, but biting is not warranted nor socially acceptable here.
- If your dog has separation anxiety please discuss it with us prior to visiting. If they are going to panic and jump a fence it will not end well for anyone.
- If your dog eats anything and everything please discuss it with us. This is something we can work on but in order to keep your dog safe we need to be aware.
- There are no bored boarders at The Dog Park!
All boarders are welcome to participate in playgroups every day of the week, every time they board. No dog is stuck in a kennel all day long or over the weekend waiting for someone to let them out for a short break. We don't lock the doors at night and go home either, we sleep over with your dog every night. And since we understand that your dog is a pack animal at heart, he isnt locked away in a 'private' room at night all alone (what your dog considers punishiment) instead, he can crash tired and happy next to the friends he has made during his play day. Every dog goes to bed safe and happy in an extra large kennel, right next to his best new friend so they can be seperate and safe but together all night long. A cool pack or heated bed insert is always available. No additional cost of course.
- Dog talk spoken at The Dog Park!
Dogs communicate in a variety of subtle actions like the way they move their bodies and how they relate to posture. Every coordinator is trained in understanding just what your dog is saying so we can gently direct any unruly play before it can become a problem. Play is never allowed to build in arousal to the point of aggression. Aggressive dogs are not allowed at The Dog Park so if your dog is approved to become a member, you can rest assured that not only is he/she the cream of the crop but they are only playing with other very nice and well mannered dogs.
Not only will your dog go home at night with mind and body excercised, we consider all that you have to accomplish in a day as well. Call ahead and we can have your dog ready to go when you arrive and we'll even meet you at the curb with your happy little friend ready to jump in. We also allow drop off and pick up times that fit your schedule both for daycare and boarding customers. Talk to us, we are here to help. All at no additional charge of course.
- We do the right thing for your dog!
When you entrust us with your dog, you are entitled to the very best of our care, attention and service each and every day. If your dog needs a pill, only likes to chase balls, has problems jumping on strangers, barks his little head off for no apparent reason, we will do everything we can to help. We commit to doing everything in our power to ensure your dog has a safe and fun day of play. Rest assured that we are always available for a consult or talk about any behavoir or training questions that might arrise. We will also be completely honest about where your dog fits in and if not, how they can best find their perfect place in the dog community. I will never take a dog in for play and sequester them away to a kennel only to tell you that they had a great day when they didnt. Not every dog is right for daycare and you should be told exactly what we think your dog's best is.
All at no additional charge of course because you are our customer and we love your dog.